[Q-e-developers] [Pw_forum] dynmat module

Samuel Poncé samuel.pon at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:35:45 CEST 2016

Dear Paolo,

Ok thank you.

I've done it (hopefully correctly).
I tested compilation and ran a small test with dynmat.x on diamond phonons.

It seems to be working.

Note: I had to rename a subroutine ["readmat" ==> "readmat2"] because of
another subroutine with the same name in elphon.f90.

Best,

Samuel

On 4 May 2016 at 13:06, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Samuel Poncé <samuel.pon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Indeed, I'm interested to re-use some subroutines like "set_asr".
>>
>> I could of course copy the subroutine I'm interested in but I would like
>> to avoid code duplication.
>>

> good to know that you like to avoid duplication. Apparently not everybody
> does the same, since at a quick glance I noticed
>
> - 4 equal copies of "sp_zeu"
> - 3 equal copies of "sp1", "sp2", "sp3"
> - 2 equal copies of "gammaq2r", read_gamma", "trasl"
>

>> Actually, the subroutines from dynmat.f90 could even be placed in the new
>> LR_Modules.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> not sure whether that is the best place, but I do not have any better
> suggestion right now, so it is ok for me

> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

    Dr. Samuel Poncé
    Department of Materials
    University of Oxford
    Parks Road