[Q-e-developers] PHonon Module strange directory structure

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Mar 24 17:17:50 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 04:58:04PM +0100, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> I just tried a new compilation from scratch.
> $ tar -xzvf espresso-5.3.0.tar.gz
> $ cd espresso-5.3.0
> $ ./configure
> $ make pw
> then: "make ph" downloads and builds PHonons. No need to move anything.

I complained about that in the past I think, the PHonon tarball has
multiple top-level directories, which is not best practises for a
release tarball of a project. This also breaks Debian's
multiple-upstream-tarballs handling, so I have to repack the PHonon
tarball manually for each release.

It might work for the automatic plugin download and build, but it is not
really a great way to package it in my opinion.

Michael