[Q-e-developers] Compiling QE-GPU without openmp

Pietro Bonfa' pietro.bonfa at fis.unipr.it
Thu Jul 14 18:13:54 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I hope this is the right place to report compilation errors for QE-GPU.
If not, please tell me where should I post this (maybe an issue on github?).

I'm testing QE-GPU on the Piz Daint cluster of CSCS.

The compilation fails when I use the --disable-openmp option (see here:
https://gist.github.com/bonfus/05d8a574c6a36fea7a02595fc0e9fd58#file-compile-sh-L47).

I get the following error message:

!$omp parallel default(shared), private(na,qgm_na,is,dtmp,ig,mytid,ntids)
                                                             ^
ftn-113 crayftn: ERROR NEWQ_COMPUTE_GPU, File = newq_compute_gpu.F90,
Line = 133, Column = 62
  IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit
type must be specified for data object "MYTID".
                                                                   ^
ftn-113 crayftn: ERROR NEWQ_COMPUTE_GPU, File = newq_compute_gpu.F90,
Line = 133, Column = 68
  IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit
type must be specified for data object "NTIDS".

(Long report here http://pastie.org/10907277 )

I solved the problem by adding a couple of ifdef(__OPENMP) directives in
newq_compute_gpu.f90 (line 133 and 185) but I don't know if this is
actually a compiler problem.

Thanks,
	Pietro

--
Pietro Bonfa'
Dipartimento di Fisica e Scienze della Terra "Macedonio Melloni"