[Q-e-developers] Compilation problems with Intel compilers 16.x

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:05:32 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Filippo SPIGA <
filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org> wrote:

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation
> signal raised** [...]
> compilation aborted for mm_dispersion.f90 (code 1)
>
> can be solved by removing "-assume byterecl"

funny: that option (which I suspect to be obsolete) sets how the length of
direct-access files is computed, but there is no I/O in mm_dispersion.f90.

> catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation
> signal raised** [...]
> compilation aborted for exx.f90 (code 1)
>
> can be solved removing "-g -traceback"

these look like debug options. I don't think they should be used in
production runs (might even slow down a bit the code)