[Q-e-developers] Compilation problems with Intel compilers 16.x

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Sun Feb 14 15:43:59 CET 2016

Hiya all!

I just hit two compiler issues using Intel ifort 16.0.1 20151021

First,

/tmp/ifort446fIY.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for mm_dispersion.f90 (code 1)

can be solved by removing "-assume byterecl". Second,

mpiifort -O2 -g -traceback -par-report0 -vec-report0 -openmp -nomodule -openmp -fpp -D__INTEL -D__OPENMP -D__FFTW -D__MPI -D__PARA    -I../../iotk/src -I../../Modules -I../../FFTXlib -c exx.f90
vim catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for exx.f90 (code 1

can be solved removing "-g -traceback"

By personal experience compiler problems may appear or disappear in minor revisions and builds of the compiler (different value of X and Y and Z, considering "16.X.Y Z" the versionins number including build date). If anybody has a chance to try Intel 16 please let us know the outcome.

Cheers

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."