[Q-e-developers] Quantum Espresso: data distribution and work distribution

Federico Padua padua at uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 9 16:27:05 CET 2015

Dear Quantum Espresso team,

I am not a user of QE but we are running it to evaluate some
checkpointing related behavior. I am interested in the following
information about QE since I'm writing part of the publication (a paper)
and I would like to get the right info directly from the developers. We
are using version > 4.2 . I browsed the developers' docs but still some
simple points are not clear. I have the following questions:

- how Quantum Espresso distribute the data to be processed among processors?
- how Quantum Espresso distribute the work (task if you will) among the
processors involved in the calculation?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer and for your time.

Best Regards,

Federico