[Q-e-developers] Advanced Quantum ESPRESSO Developers' Meeting 2016 (linear-response)

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Fri Jun 5 17:26:29 CEST 2015

Dear All,

Thank you for participating in the Doodle questioner! The Skype/WebEx
conference about the linear-response codes will be on June, 22 at 4 PM
Trieste time.

Since the number of participants is more than 10, we are going to use
WebEx.

Many thanks to all!

Kind regards,
Iurii

On 2015-06-02 11:13, Iurii Timrov wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Many thanks for all your replies and for so numerous interest in the
> discussion and meeting regarding the linear-response codes in Quantum
> ESPRESSO!
>
> Would you please be so kind to indicate in the Doodle questioner the
> dates which are convenient for you for a discussion on Skype/WebEx
> about the need for a refactoring or reorganization of the
> linear-response codes in QE:
>
> http://doodle.com/wzvptr8kz66by36k
>
> As far as I know, Skype allows maximum 10 people for a conference
> call. We are many more than 10. I would suggest that we try to use
> WebEx.
>
> Once we choose the date of the Skype/WebEx conference, we must fix a
> time. As Marco Buongiorno Nardelli suggested, we can make it at 02:00
> PM GMT (04:00 PM Rome, 10:00 AM New York). Hopefully, this time would
> be, more or less, convenient for everybody.
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Greetings,
> Iurii
>

> On 2015-05-30 12:06, Nicola Marzari wrote:
>> Dear Iurii, All,
>>

>> great idea. I'd also like to participate - it's a very tight week
>> (Mon-Wed there is PASC 2015 in Zurich), but I'm also cc'ing Nicola
>> Varini, Nicolas Mounet, and Giovanni Pizzi - so there would be
>> certainly someone from here.
>>
>> As a side note, I wanted to mention an unrelated thing that is very
>> important for us - currently AiiDA parses pwscf and phonon outputs,
>> until we converge on alternatives (xml, etc...). Please keep this
>> in mind with respect to the output files of the codes, since any
>> change typically breaks our scripts (I understand well that outputs
>> might need to evolve, but I'm highlighting how it would be important
>> to be in touch re this for any changes - and/or about plans for xml).
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> 			nicola
>>

>> On 29/05/2015 11:34, Iurii Timrov wrote:
>>> Dear member of the Quantum ESPRESSO community,
>>>
>>> In the last Quantum ESPRESSO (QE) developers' meeting, the need for
>>> better structuring and organization of linear-response codes in QE
>>> (PHonon, TDDFPT, etc.) has become evident: their complexity is
>>> growing
>>> and a refactoring or reorganization shouldn't be postponed any
>>> longer.
>>> We propose to organize a one-week meeting for interested developers,
>>> tentatively in Trieste in January 2016 in order to discuss about this
>>> issue and to distribute tasks among those who agree to participate.
>>> We
>>> have contacted you as a past or current contributor to the
>>> linear-response codes in QE (feel free to extend this invitation to
>>> your
>>> collaborators). We would like to hear from you whether you agree on

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Postdoctoral Researcher