[Q-e-developers] Pre-5.1.2 release

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Mon Feb 23 10:29:28 CET 2015

Dear Paolo,

I have checked the TDDFPT part of QE-5.1.2-pre. I have one comment: the
"Makefile" in TDDFPT/Doc should be modified such that the command "make
all" produces the files "INPUT_Davidson.txt" and "INPUT_Davidson.xml"
from INPUT_Davidson.def. Could you do this modification, please? (I have
to ask the SISSA helpdesk to install the packages tcl, tcllib, and
xsltproc on my computer in order to make the command "make all" (which
uses dev-tools/helpdoc) working). Thank you!

Best regards,
Iurii

On 2015-02-21 11:11, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> An almost final 5.1.2 release of QE is available here:
> http://www.qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=18
> Please have a look and let me know if there is something not properly
> working. Automated downloading of packages is not working (it requires
> some tweaking that can be done only as the last step)
>
> Please note that
> - there are still some serious bugs lingering, especially in the phonon
>   code;
> - I do not foresee any further 5.1.N release, but since I have been
>   doing this packaging work for years, I am a little bit tired of it,
>   so I do not foresee to package any new release any longer.

Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Postdoctoral Researcher
SISSA - International School for Advanced Studies
Condensed Matter Sector
Via Bonomea n. 265,
Trieste 34151, Italy
(+39) 04 03 78 74 77