[Q-e-developers] Next QE release

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Sun Oct 26 22:06:58 CET 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 21:36 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > PWgui can be used completely standalone, but would be typically used in
> > conjuction with QE. It can be installed anywhere (i.e. not necessarily
> > inside the QE toplevel directory). In Debian terms this probably means
> > that QE package recommends pwgui package and pwgui package recommends QE
> > package.
>
> Ok, thanks.  In that case we'll package it as a seperate source and
> binary package.

Note that PWgui tarball is a ready to use tarball, provided that
tcl-related software is available; there is nothing to compile.

There is an issue with respect to Debian, though. Namely, the pwgui
script assumes the PWgui's tarball file/directory structure, but in
Debian the "pwgui" should typically go to /usr/bin and other files
inside tarball to /usr/share/pwgui. The solution is to make a
simple /usr/bin/pwgui wrapper, i.e.:

#!/bin/sh -f
# simple wrapper to run pwgui
PWGUI=/usr/share/pwgui
export PWGUI
. $PWGUI/pwgui

Regards, Tone

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html