[Q-e-developers] Next QE release

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Sun Oct 26 20:31:45 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 17:42 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> 3. The PWgui tarball is the only one which extracts with a version
> number (PWgui-5.1.1), which breaks Debian's multi-tarball handling.  I
> am still not sure whether it is supposed to be used from inside the
> espresso top-level directory like the others or not?

PWgui can be used completely standalone, but would be typically used in
conjuction with QE. It can be installed anywhere (i.e. not necessarily
inside the QE toplevel directory). In Debian terms this probably means
that QE package recommends pwgui package and pwgui package recommends QE
package.

Note that PWgui depends on the following (Debian) packages:

tcl/tk/itcl3/itk3/iwidgets4

As for the PWgui version number issue I am not sure I understand your
point. Do you mean that it should extract with directory that is not
postfixed by version number? But isn't the version number postfix rather
typical?

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html