[Q-e-developers] Fwd: vdw-d failing test (./check-pw.x.j)

Alin Marin Elena alinm.elena at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 14:17:52 CET 2014

Hi,

just a thought... it smells like Openmp runs out of stack. can you try
to run it with OMP_STACKSIZE= 256M or some ridiculous big value for
stack. As far as I know the standard does not impose any minimum value
so it is a free for all.

Also my experience is reducing automatically multidimensional arrays
in openmp is not a great idea for performance. you may consider to do
it by hand, by keeping a force array for each thread.

regards,
Alin
Without Questions there are no Answers!
Dr. Alin Marin ELENA