[Q-e-developers] 5.1 Tarball issues

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu May 29 22:23:53 CEST 2014

Hi

thank you for your remarks.

1. The proper place for PlotPhon/ and QHA/ is inside PHonon/ in my
   opinion. Actually they should be both merged with other phonon
   utilities, but it takes time, effort, and I feel a little bit
   embarrassed in making major changes to PlotPhon and QHA, since
   their author is no longer with us.

2. I hadn't noticed that PWgui is ready for automatic downloading
   and should follow the same logic of other packages. I have updated
   the PWgui package, removing the espresso-5.1/ directory.

3. The capitalization of subdirectories comes from old problems with
   "make something" not working if directory something/ was present.
   I have no strong opinions on this: I have just followed what has
   been done until now. I would prefer not to change directory names,
   though.

Paolo