[Q-e-developers] ELPA library detached from the main code

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Jun 5 23:20:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 05:21:23PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 03:06:16PM +0000, Filippo Spiga wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:07, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> > > Note that their License currently is a bit odd, you can find the
> > > (apparently official) COPYING in the CP2K tree:
> >
> > I am going to update our tar.gz as soon as I can.
>
> By the way, we had some discussions with one of the ELPA authors, and it
> appears possible they might change their license to standard LGPL in the
> future.

As an update to this: This has happened (quite) a while ago, and LGPL'd ELPA
tarballs are available here:

http://elpa.rzg.mpg.de/elpa-tar-archive/

> > I requested a new version time ago but they did not reply.
>
> I also requested access some months ago and (to the best of my
> knowledge) never heard back from them on that matter.  Maybe they have
> some adminstrative troubles.  I will try to request access again and see
> how it goes.

That also worked (I have git access for a long time now).

> Hiding a git repository behind a login is not best way to attract
> contributions anyway.

Indeed, but at least the tarball releases are now public and the license
has been fixed.

I just uploaded an initial ELPA package to Debian.

Michael