[Q-e-developers] issue with long path names

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Fri Oct 11 12:25:05 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 10:43 +0100, Alin Marin Elena wrote:

> it seems here is a small inconsistency all the filenames I could trace in the
> source codes seem to be 256 characters long... the one for input via command
> line only 80.

I also noticed it a few days ago, with the same file (or a similar one).
I was convinced that 80 characters for the file name were enough, but
apparently, even in not-so-uncommon cases, they aren't.

> I have created a patch that increases this but one may need a more careful
> analysis and increase the length of the command line too.

Correct. This is why I didn't fix it immediately: if one is not careful,
the problem may re-appear in another part of the code. Anyway I'll fix
it sooner or later. Thank you for reporting this

P.
--
 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,