[Q-e-developers] issue with long path names

Alin Marin Elena alinm.elena at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:43:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

I was testing quantum espresso and during the test phase I got the following
failure when testing in PW/tests/lattice-ibrav0-cell_parameters+a (only the
interesting bit)

Open_input_file: error opening
/ichec/home/staff/alin/sufian/espresso/PW/tests/lattice-ibrav0-cell_parameters+a

I have track it down and is due to the fixed length for filename in
Modules/command_line_options.f90

it seems here is a small inconsistency all the filenames I could trace in the
source codes seem to be 256 characters long... the one for input via command
line only 80.

I have created a patch that increases this but one may need a more careful
analysis and increase the length of the command line too.

regards,
Alin

--
​Without Questions there are no Answers!
Alin Marin ELENA