[Q-e-developers] Task group for Turbo Lanczos

Carlo Cavazzoni c.cavazzoni at cineca.it
Tue Jun 25 13:35:15 CEST 2013

Hi Giovanni,

I've done the commit under false identity! (Filippo Spiga)
I try to compile the code both on FERMI and other linux cluster
and I've found no problem.
What exactly fails to compile? Could you send me the error message?

carlo

Il 25/06/2013 10:14, xiaochuan Ge ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> Apparently the last update r10334 which tries to fix the task groups
> fails to be compiled. Would the one who did the change fix it asap,
> thank you very much.
>
> Another thing is that at this moment task group does not work with
> virt_read. Virt_read is very useful when one needs to calculate the
> components of the transition, and also very important to improve
> the convergence of turbo_davidson.  I don't know much about the task
> group parallization, could anyone explain me why task group can't work
> with virt_read? Is there any principle difficulty, or is it just
> simply not implemented?

> Ge Xiaochuan(Giovanni)
> 4th year PHD Student
> Condensed Matter
> SISSA,Italy

Ph.D. Carlo Cavazzoni
SuperComputing Applications and Innovation Department
CINECA - Via Magnanelli 6/3, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna)
Tel: +39 051 6171411  Fax: +39 051 6132198
www.cineca.it