[Q-e-developers] Input GUI

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Jun 12 19:15:16 CEST 2013

Hi Ben (CC: to q-e-developers at qe-forge.org)

unfortunately the web-based GUI for QE has never materialized.
There is a GUI, called PWgui, that can be downloaded together
with QE, or from here:  http://www-k3.ijs.si/kokalj/pwgui/ .
PWgui is an input file builder for various QE executables.
It isn't a molecular builder, it doesn't run jobs, it doesn't
analyze output, it cannot be used via the web, though.

Another project that may be actually related with yours is the
interface with ASE: https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/ase/ . There is
a working interface, but I have to inquire about the exact
status of this project and whether the interface has already
been loaded and where.

So while I appreciate your efforts and your willingness to
make your work available to the QE community, I think it is
prudent, before opening a new project, to verify what is
already available and working, or might be working soon.

Best regards

Paolo

--
 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,