[Q-e-developers] Problems converging anions in vacuum

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sat May 12 22:52:33 CEST 2012

Grazie Stefano,

you are right indeed re the lower energy!

We had tried larger number of bands and smearing (to no avail) but
we'll look at this more in detail. We'll try it both the oxygen that
works, and the one that doesn't work, to see if there is any difference
in the empty states evolution.

One question - what does it mean having a non converged eigenvalue in
c_bands? Is it because all of a sudden the highest eigenvector wants to
be really different, and either CG or Davidson do not manage to iterate
the new eigenvector to convergence?

Sorry to all for the bandwidth...

				nicola