[Q-e-developers] make.sys for the new machine: IDRIS - ADA

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Dec 11 19:36:16 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 18:59 , Emine Kucukbenli wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know that we have a working make.sys file for
> the new (in service since yesterday) "Ada" machine of French computing
> center IDRIS, thanks to Lorenzo Paulatto from IMPMC !
> You can find more info under install/README.IBM-INTEL.IDRIS_ada
>
> If you have similar hand-made make.sys :) files for other clusters,
> please dont hesitate to share them with the rest of the community.

thank you EMine and Lorenzo. If I may add a comment:
in my opinion it is preferrable to specify the way "./configure" should
be run, rather than (or in addition to) providing a "make.sys" file.
The former is less likely to change with new releases. Moreover
"./configure" should be run anyway, since it initialises "c_defs.h"
and "fft_defs.h" as well

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,