[Q-e-developers] Error linking pp

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Jun 9 17:48:37 CEST 2011

On Jun 9, 2011, at 16:37 , Filippo Spiga wrote:

> plotband.o ../flib/ptools.a ../flib/flib.a ../clib/clib.a ../iotk/
> src/libiotk.a     -lmkl_intel_lp64  -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core
> ../flib/flib.a(inpfile.o): In function `input_from_file':
> /home/fspiga/QE/espresso/flib/inpfile.f90:47: undefined reference
> to `errore_'

Layla has already fixed it in svn. It is the unexpected consequence
of a small
change I did yesterday to filb/inpfile.f90: if no input file is
found, stop with error
instead of trying to read a nonexistent stdin and producing a
confusing error
message later. Since there is a new call to "errore", modules should
also be
linked. Some simple routines in PP (and maybe elsewhere) did not link
modules.

There is a more general problem here that must be fixed when we start to
reshuffle directories (something that will happen this summer): there
is no
longer any valid reason to have distinct Modules/ and flib/
directories. They
should be merged, thus solving in the meantime the nasty problem of
circular
dependencies between the two directories.

PG
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,