[Q-e-developers] Error linking pp

Filippo Spiga filippo.spiga at ichec.ie
Thu Jun 9 16:37:24 CEST 2011

Dear all,
    today I aligned the GPU-enabled branch of espresso with the main trunk.
As usual, I tried to compile everything (not only PWscf) but I discover an
error that appears on both my working copy of the branch and using the code
in the main trunk (checked-out from scratch) during the final linking phase:

fspiga at fermi:~/QE/espresso$ make pp
[...]
mpif90 -static-intel  -openmp -o plotband.x \
plotband.o ../flib/ptools.a ../flib/flib.a ../clib/clib.a
../iotk/src/libiotk.a     -lmkl_intel_lp64  -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core
../flib/flib.a(inpfile.o): In function `input_from_file':
/home/fspiga/QE/espresso/flib/inpfile.f90:47: undefined reference to
`errore_'
make[1]: *** [plotband.x] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fspiga/QE/espresso/PP'
make: *** [pp] Error 2

I run the configure with "--enable-parallel" and "--enable-openmp". Does
someone else experience the same problem?

Regards,

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, Computational Scientist, <filippo.spiga_at_ichec.ie>
Irish Centre for High-End Computing (ICHEC) - www.ichec.ie

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.»
    -- David Hilbert