[Q-e-developers] pp.x and dos.x crashes with "memory allocation"

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Feb 8 20:36:10 CET 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 17:11 , pari shok wrote:

> dos.x and pp.x both crash with "out of memory/ memory allocation"
> error in the second machine for big structures (espresso-4.2.1 and
> espresso-4.2). It should be noted that pw.x works properly and the
> "memory allocation" error happens just for dos and post processing.

if this happens only for large jobs, what the code says is the plain
truth:
no more memory available. I don't think that postprocessing should use
more memory than the scf calculation, but the latter has been heavily
optimized for memory, the former much less so. It is impossible to say
more without looking at the specific case.

> I have been sending emails for months to all the QE email address,
> but nobody sent a reply yet, although I subscribed for the forum.

as I already told you: no e-mails ever received from you (I am repeating
this here because the q-e-developers mailing list has a public archive)

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,