[Q-e-developers] makedeps.sh

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Apr 19 20:30:00 CEST 2011

On Apr 19, 2011, at 12:49 , Riccardo Di Meo wrote:

> In particular, the file makedeps.sh came to my attention and I was
> asking myself if it is supposed to be used by some configure related
> script dynamically

no, it used to be that way, but no longer. From the developer manual:

   When you modify the program sources, run the \texttt{install/
makedeps.sh}
   script  or type \texttt{make depend}  to update files \texttt
{make.depend} in
   the various subdirectories.

> I have also noticed that such script seems to work fine if the
> espresso
> source tree is at least partially compiled (at least up to the
> iotk) but
> it seems not to work if I start from a fresh directory/distclean
> configuration.

it requires iotk to be properly unpackaged, since one of the modules
used by QE is there

> Last thing: using the aforementioned trick (configure/make and then
> makedeps.sh)

configure/make and then nothing more

> the script seems to work fine, however, at least in my case, looks
> like it's fooled by an #include "something.f90" which I have in my
> code (I know it isn't good practice, however it avoids a circular
> dependency)

if there is a circular dependency, it must be removed. If there isn't
any, no
need to use nonstandard tricks.

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,