[Q-e-developers] QE web site - reminder

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu Oct 7 15:20:29 CEST 2010

Some time ago I asked at least some of you to provide some
bells and whistles for the QE web site, to no avail. Let me
try once again (this time I'll keep asking until something
happens). I would like

1) a new picture for the home page. I like a lot the current
one, but it would be nice to change it from time to time.
Reddish colors preferred, for obvious aestetic reasons.

2) Once upon a time there was a "sample applications" page:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/samples.htm, that was linked
from the "What can QE do?" page. It is no longer linked
because there were misspells and strange characters to be
fixed. Moreover, it seems to me that these applications are
no longer new and glamorous. I am not asking a full-fledged
propaganda flyer on the model of those (there are many better
ways to waste one's time), but maybe some of you can provide
an especially well designed abstract, an excerpt from a paper,
slides from a presentation, a poster, something that can show
"what can QE do" without wasting too much of your valuable time?

Alternative proposals are welcome, as long as they do not
imply too much usage of my worthless time

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics, Univ. Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy