[Q-e-developers] dispersion-corrected DFT functional

Michael Sullivan Michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Wed May 12 08:20:07 CEST 2010

Mark (and Paolo):

I was just going through the QE Developers archive and ran across your message regarding vdW-DF of Dion. There is a lot of debate now about how useful that method is but you can actually test it out using PWSCF. Have a look at JuNoLo:
http://www.fz-juelich.de/iff/src/th1/JuNoLo/

It's suppose to work with PWSCF, DACAPO and VASP but I haven't had a chance to really try it out.

I've had reasonable luck (for some systems) with the DFT-D that Paolo referred to and that one has the advantage over vdW-DF that you can do optimizations on large systems. Grimme has reparameterized his DFT-D and Scheffler also has some ideas. Anyway, it's an interesting topic.

Good luck!

Mike
michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
http://www.sullivan.sg/

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.