[Q-e-developers] Contribution to PWSCF: Potassium pseudopotential / PBE

Matthias Timmer Matthias.Timmer at uni-due.de
Mon Jun 14 10:07:57 CEST 2010

Dear developers,

rather often I see demand for a K PBE pseudopotential on the mailing
list. I have generated a K PBE pseudopotential, using the atomic code,
which is norm-conserving and makes use of a nonlinear core correction.

Only the (4s) wave function is used in this pseudopotential.

I have tested this potential myself. It was appropriate for the
calculations I wanted to do.

Please see

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.susc.2010.05.008

for an article based on this potential, where you can find some
information about the calculated values.

However, the usual disclaimer holds, of course (in short: "please test
it yourself").

I would like to contribute this pseudopotential to the pseudo website of
PWSCF.

If you put it on the website, please drop me a line about this. If you
don't, just delete this email.

With kind regards,

Matthias Timmer

PhD student at the university of Duisburg-Essen, Germany

PS: I sincerely hope, this is the correct address to contribute. I found
no other.