[Wannier] Energy mismatch among symmetry equivalent states in silicon

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Fri Sep 2 00:55:22 CEST 2016

If I understand you correctly, the only way to force the symmetry equivalent states to have identical energies is to use more k points.

I am actually trying to apply symmetry in EPW to calculate the scattering rates for kpoints in the irreducible wedge and use symmetry to generate the scattering rates for the k points outside the wedge. However, I noticed that for silicon, the wannier-interpolated energies at symmetrically equivalent points are not identical.
Increasing the k points, as you suggested, would increase the size of the electron-phonon matrix elements for the coarse grids (terabyte range) beyond our capability to store.

It seems that I cannot use symmetry to simplify EPW calculations.

Thank you so much for your insightful comments.

Vahid