[Wannier] bands problem in example5 "diamond"

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 29 15:29:20 CEST 2007

>      another case,
>      I added
>      wannier_plot=true
> in the example 7. and got the following message at the
> bottom of "silane.wout"
>
>  Exiting.......
>  plot_wannier: file UNK00001.1  not found
>
> In this case I guess I should make one UNK00001.1, but
> I don't know how to make one for this case. Is there
> any thing in the wannier90 which can produce that
> file?

Hi Joseph,

it's explained in the user guide, 7.15 . UNK... are file generated
by your own electronic structure code, containing the |unk> orbitals.

Arash, Jonathan - I presume that even if one uses PWSCF, one has to
write a small script that produces the UNK... files, correct ?

				nicola