[QE-users] Symmetry Operations in Reciprocal Space

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 13:08:31 CET 2019

> Now I apply the symmetry operation of the point group manually to the
> list of k points with no symmetry and try to match the output with that
> of the symmetry reduced k point list generated above.

Did you check if some of the vectors you get are equivalent to each
other minus a vector of the reciprocal lattice?

I.e. if
   k'=k+G
with
   G = i b1+ j b2 + k b3,
i,j,k are integers, b1, b2, b3 are the basis of the reciprocal lattice,
than k' and k are equivalent because of reciprocal-space periodic
boundary conditions.

kind regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris