[Pw_forum] "q mesh breaks symmetry" error even with q mesh being the same as k mesh

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Aug 9 02:59:47 CEST 2016

I think that given your Bravais lattice nk3 must be equal to nk1
so
10 nk2 10 0 0 0
or
6 nk2  6 0 0 0
should be fine

10 nk2 6 0 0 0
is not

the automatic unfolding of a grid generate additional points but this
does not mean they form a regular grid. think about what happens for an
hexagonal lattice with a shifted grid.

stefano