[Pw_forum] make ph strangely stops without error in 'install' folder

Christoph Wolf(신소재공학과) chwolf at postech.ac.kr
Tue Aug 2 11:10:55 CEST 2016

Dear all!

I recently successfully made and run pw on a new computer (Red Hat, intel compilers, mkl); Since I am interested in phonon properties I am also trying to make ph but it stops without error message after entering the QE /install folder:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/PW/tools'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/PW'
( cd install ; make -f plugins_makefile phonon || exit 1 )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/install'

nothing happens until I cancel it with the message:

make[1]: *** [uncompress-phonon] Interrupt
make: *** [ph] Interrupt

My make.sys file is attached in case I missed something.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I haven't encountered the problem before (when I wasn't using intel compilers).

Yours,
Chris

[http://home.postech.ac.kr/wp-content/themes/postech/images/mail_logo_postech30.png]