[Pw_forum] make ph strangely stops without error in 'install' folder

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:30:46 CEST 2016

It is not related to the compiler or to the make.sys file but to the
procedure of downloading and unpacking packages. You should first of all
verify that your machine has access to the network and that either wget or
curl work on it. See install/plugins_makefile, search for
"uncompress_phonon" and "define download_and_unpack" to see what happens

Paolo

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Christoph Wolf(신소재공학과) <
chwolf at postech.ac.kr> wrote:

> Dear all!
>

> I recently successfully made and run pw on a new computer (Red Hat, intel
> compilers, mkl); Since I am interested in phonon properties I am also
> trying to make ph but it stops without error message after entering the QE
> /install folder:
>

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/PW/tools'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/PW'
> ( cd install ; make -f plugins_makefile phonon || exit 1 )
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home01/e1011hjm/QE/espresso-5.4.0/install'
>

> nothing happens until I cancel it with the message:
>

> make[1]: *** [uncompress-phonon] Interrupt
> make: *** [ph] Interrupt
>

> My make.sys file is attached in case I missed something.
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated as I haven't encountered the problem
> before (when I wasn't using intel compilers).
>

> Yours,
> Chris

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222