[Pw_forum] GIPAW memory problem?

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at istm.cnr.it
Tue May 13 14:01:43 CEST 2014

Dear Aleksander,
     the gipaw behavior you reported is clearly odd. The initialization
phase should last few seconds and do not consume much memory.

I've just tested your input files and they work on my machine.
In your case, GIPAW appears to be stuck while reading the charge
density or in check_para_diag routine. Could you have an I/O problem?
Which compiler/MPI are you using?

Could you try gipaw with '-ndiag 1'? or, could you try the SVN
version (both QE and GIPAW)?

Let me know if nothing can work.

Best,
     Davide