[Pw_forum] Transmission from PWCOND

nicvok nicvok at freenet.de
Sun Jun 15 13:38:04 CEST 2014

The spin-contributions are calculated separately (T_j) and at the end
all contributions are summed up
and are weighted with their corresponding Brillouin-zone weight (wkpt,
trans_tot) in do_cond.f90 -> T_tot.
So I guess, it is either something wrong with the BZ-weighting (see
summary_tran.f90 and do_cond.f90) or with the
summation over iofspin (transmit.f90). You used nspin=2 in scf-calc
and now separate the transmission by
spin-channel, so I guess it's the latter.
You should do a check for a simple (T_tot=2) non-metallic metal (eg.
copper) and ferromagnetic metal (bcc iron) with both
nspin=1&2.

You said the results of the 5.01 version and the CVS version differ.
Which CVS/SVN Revision are you using?

Nicki Frank Hinsche, Dr. rer. nat.
Institute of physics - Theoretical physics,
Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg,
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, Room 1.07
D-06120 Halle/Saale, Germany
Tel.: ++49 345 5525460