[Pw_forum] Matdyn.x Output File formating

Cameron Foss cjfoss at umass.edu
Wed Jul 23 20:20:53 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to plot isosurfaces of the phonon frequencies of specific
branches using Matlab. However, matlab requires a different file format
than what Quantum Espresso gives by default.

Basically I am looking for matdyn.x to output just the q-point positions
followed by the frequency data in THz, both in *scientific format*. Right
now QE5.1 does not do this for me, the frequency data is in 1/cm and the
q-points are in some other decimal format.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Cameron Foss