[Pw_forum] problems with pp.x plot_num=[8,17]

Thomas Gruber thomas.gruber at physik.tu-freiberg.de
Mon Apr 21 17:31:41 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I recognized two problems with pp.x in version 5.0.3 and also in version
5.0.99 for Si bulk. In all cases I have done a previous scf calculation
to create a save folder with "wf_collect=.true.". "plot_num=0" works
fine, but:
1. plot_num=8
I have the same input file, just with the differenz plot_num and I got
the error, that "the calculation was run with a different number of
cores. Use wf_collect=.true". The scf calculation has been run with
different number of cores, but I used "wf_collect=.true." and for
plot_num=0 it works.
2. plot_num=17
Since I used PAW pseudopotentials I wanted to run the bader analysis
from "http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/bader/" and like to have all electrons
and not just the 4 valence electrons. But when I create the cube file I
do not get all electron with the bader analysis. Did anyone tried the
all electron reconstruction? Even with an FFT grid of 200x200x200
instead of the standard 36^3 I just get a total number of electrons of 8
for 2 Si-Atoms.

Thanks in advise.

--
TU Bergakademie Freiberg