[Pw_forum] Problem with parallel execution

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 02:37:56 CET 2012

Dear all,
I am running a parallel execution (pw.x) on a SLURM LINUX interface and once I run the command sbatch filename.srm, the calculation starts running and then stops with the follwing error:
"mpiexec_veredas5: cannot
connect to local mpd

 (/tmp/mpd2.console_sushil); possible causes:

  1. no mpd is running on this host

 2. an mpd is running but was started without
a "console" (-n option)

 In case 1, you
can start an mpd on this host with:

    mpd &

 and you will be
able to run jobs just on this host.

 For more details
on starting mpds on a set of hosts, see

 the MPICH2
Installation Guide."
I saw a previous message posted in 2009 about this error. I followed what prof. andrea did: I created a file elie.mpd.hosts and included one line in it (localhosts) then ran the coomad mpdboot -f ~/elie.mpd.hosts and run sbatch command again but in 3 seconds time, it stops with the same error. can anyone help..
N.B: veredas 5 is the node at which I am executing the command but whatever node I try on , I get the same error
Elie MoujaesUniversity of NottinghamNG7 2RDUK