[Pw_forum] No plane waves

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sun Feb 5 17:57:04 CET 2012

On Feb 5, 2012, at 17:03 , Payam Norouzzadeh wrote:

> Does it mean that I don't need to restart the job because
> it is happening in the last step?

very likely. Look at the energy, forces and pressure, and decide.

> Even when I submit a job with last atom coordinates and lattice
> vectors
> I obtained from previous runs but in the "from_scratch" mode the same
> error is produced "No plane wave....". Do I need to increase the
> cutoff energy?

most likely, you need to reduce the number of processors on which you
are running (unless there is some other reason, which I won't believe
unless I see it)

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222