[Pw_forum] Running Example 01 (Parallel Running on a single PC with 3 cores, AMD, LAM-MPI)

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Mon Mar 1 09:54:18 CET 2010

>  I have tested my mpif77 and mpicc and I think that they works well ,
but I feel that the problem is related to the MPI ! but I can not find
it. My QE has been compiled well by mpif77 and all binaries created well.

Here, I wonder that why don't you use mpif90. In the Manual of QE, you
can find out that the
parallel fortran compiler should be mpif90. Therefore, I think it should
be updated from mpif77 to mpif90.

>I am not sure that LAM-MPI recognizes the 3 cores of a single PC or not
? I am comfused ! another amazing paradox is that once I ran this example.

QUANTUM ESPRESSO is known to work with at least two of the major MPI
implementations (MPICH, LAM-MPI), plus with the newer MPICH2 and OpenMPI
implementation. Therefore, if you have not been sure that the MPI
compiler works or not, why don't you try by running some simple examples
firstly.

Good luck,

Linh