[Pw_forum] Number of bands in bands_FS

Nicki Frank Hinsche nicvok at freenet.de
Thu Jan 7 14:56:15 CET 2010

Dear all (especially dear Eyvaz Isaev),

why it is not possible to read in more than 8 bands using bands_FS?
The program bands_FS reads the pre-calculated bandstructure for a
given k-mesh (kvecs_FS). Lets say I have chosen 18 (everything higher
than 8) bands for this calculation. Than the program bands_FS
interrupts in the post process with the following error message:

forrtl: severe (59): list-directed I/O syntax error, unit 5, file stdin
Image                           PC        Routine
Line        Source
bands_FS.x         0804B894  MAIN__                 327  bands_FS.f90

so I have tried to decrypt the code, but I didn't get inside. Clearly
it something wrong with the parameter nlines, which changes if nbands
 > 8 - but I don't get it.

Has anyone an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks a lot...
Nicki

Nicki Frank Hinsche, Dipl. Phys.
Institut für Physik - Theoretische Physik,
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg,
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, Raum 1.07
D-06120 Halle/Saale, Germany
Tel.: ++49 345 5525460