[Pw_forum] output redirection with gipaw.x

Sylvian Cadars sylvian.cadars at cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue Aug 25 16:58:01 CEST 2009

Hi,
A few weeks ago, Paolo gave me a useful trick (see below) to redirect PW
outputs when the "redirection doesn't work one's system".  Specifically,
the redirection using ">" does not work on my system, such that the
output is written instead in the output file that is automatically
generated by the submission system (OAR in this case).

The trick was to go to PW/startup.f90 and change

  IF ( me_image /= root_image ) &
     OPEN( UNIT = stdout, FILE = '/dev/null', STATUS = 'UNKNOWN' )

into

  IF ( me_image /= root_image ) THEN
     OPEN( UNIT = stdout, FILE = '/dev/null', STATUS = 'UNKNOWN' )
  ELSE
     OPEN( UNIT = stdout, FILE = 'some_file_name', STATUS = 'UNKNOWN' )
  END IF

I could not find the equivalent command lines in the GIPAW/ directory.
How should I proceed to obtain a similar redirection to a default output
file with GIPAW?

Thanks.
Best wishes.

Sylvian Cadars