[Wannier] how to find out the projection used in SCDM method

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Thu Feb 29 21:50:57 CET 2024

Dear Bhargab Kakati,

One option to see the starting point of the Wannierisation, that is the initial projections orthonormalized, is to set num_iter = 0 and run the Wannierisation: with num_iter = 0 you do not do any Wannierisation step, essentially you do a projection-only Wannier-functions; then, just plot the WFs and check the result.

As a note, remember that in most (all?) cases, the projections won't be intuitive s, p, d-like orbitals.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Giovanni