[Wannier] 回复: Query about wannier90 calculations on disordered supercell

Stepan Tsirkin stepan.tsirkin at ehu.eus
Tue Oct 31 14:08:21 CET 2023

Hi Mouyang,

Tecnically it is ok to wannierise from a 1x1x1 when the unit cell is
big. For example, in fig 5a of this paper
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-648X/ab51ff/meta#cmab51fff05
an example is shown of a 12-atom carbon chain that was wannierised from
Gamma-point only and the dispersion is restored with the MDRS method.
So, technicall Boltzwann can do the calculation even if the
wannierisation started from Gamma-point only. It will correctly
interpolate the bands to any grid of k-points and take the derivatives.

But if it makes sense physically - is another question. The
semiclassical equations of motion (underlying the Boltzwann) are defined
for  crystals. I guess the condition is that mean-free-path is much
larger then the size of the unit cell.

May be you can use the Wannier model to study quantum transport (See
chapter 7 of the user guide
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wannier-developers/wannier90/v3.1.0/doc/compiled_docs/user_guide.pdf)
but I am not an expert in that.

Best,