[Wannier] [RE]Re: definition of zaxis

Fabrizio Cossu cossu at kangwon.ac.kr
Sat Sep 11 02:00:20 CEST 2021

 Dear Arash,thank you for the reply. Further on the projection I have noticed a detail about the k-mesh to converge and keep the spreads low.Suppose that in case of no projection convergence is achieved and spreads Ω_D, Ω_OD are low; suppose that we achieve such result with a 3x3x1 k-mesh.If we project along an axes (which define a bond) to see the diagonalisation of orbitals along that axis, covergence is not reached anymore.Instead, a division of kz is needed to recover convergence and low values of Ω_D, Ω_OD. Could you (or anyone else) comment on that? Is it a known, general and trivial fact? Thank you! Fabrizio----- Original Message -----From : Mostofi Arash <a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk>To : "Fabrizio Cossu" <cossu at kangwon.ac.kr>Cc : "wannier at lists.quantum-espresso.org" <wannier at lists.quantum-espresso.org>Sent : 2021-09-08 23:49:46Subject : Re: [Wannier] definition of zaxis

<mailplugbody style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class="">
Dear Fabrizio
The zaxis in the projection input block should be specified in Cartesian coordinates so 1,1,1 corresponds to 1\hat + 1\hat + 1\hat, where \hat, \hat and \hat are the Cartesian unit vectors.
Best wishes,
Arash

—
Professor Arash Mostofi — www.mostofigroup.org