[Wannier] Deducing weight of the Wannier function.

Stepan Tsirkin tsirkinss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:21:33 CET 2021

Dear Eleni,

With wannier_plot parameter you may get the full distribution of a Wannier
function in real space on a regular grid as an xsf file. From that file in
principle one can extract any information needed.

A gussian is hardly a meaningful approximation, because normally good
wannier functions decay exponentially for large radius, not exp(-r^2). And
simetimes thety decay only algebraically. Also for p and f states the WF is
actually zero at the center.

Regards,
Stepan Tsirkin.
University of Zurich.