[Wannier] Queries regarding Berry curvature dipole

Stepan Tsirkin tsirkinss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:30:45 CEST 2021

Dear Sayantika,

modules kslice and gyrotropic were written by different people in
different times. Gyrotropic module evaluates (or at least it should) the
berry dipole excatly in accordance with the equatiuon 13.1 of the user
guide, and in agreement with the paper
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.97.035158

I am not sure if/why the kslice module evaluates it as negative.

The degenreracy is not considered without SOC, so only one spin channel
is calculated, and one has to multiply the result by 2 to restore spin
degeneracy.

Regards,

Stepan Tsirkin,

University of Zurich.