[Wannier] How to resolve the error: Cannot use bloch phases for disentanglement while using vasp.5.4.4 interfaced wannier90-2.1.0

Robert Peyton Cline Robert.Cline at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 25 18:06:06 CET 2021

Hi Abid,

If you look in the manual (I'm looking in the 3.1 manual, but I'm sure it's
the same in 2.1), the "use_bloch_phases" tag cannot be used with
disentanglement.  You are asking for 22 wannier functions, but inputting 32
bands.  Therefore, disentanglement is required.  If you want to use the
"use_bloch_phases" tag, I recommend using "exclude_bands" during the
vasp2wannier step to remove unwanted bands (e.g. conduction bands) that you
do not expect to be important.

Best,
Peyton Cline, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher