[Wannier] band gap of bilayer graphene

Roozbeh Anvari roozbeh.anvari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 09:38:18 CET 2021

Dear Wanier users,

I figured the small band gap of about 40 meV was caused by a displacement
of about  0.001 Ang in the initial atomic coordinates of the second layer
from the center of the hexagon of the first layer, and can be easily fixed
by starting the ionic relaxation from a strictly symmetric structure !

Best,
Roozbeh