[Wannier] Spin Hall conductivity

Stepan Tsirkin tsirkinss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:31:26 CET 2020

Dear Bipin,

First of all, I guess you have a typo in the message subject, example 18
is about anomalous Hall conductivity (AHC), not spin Hall.

Usually AHC needs a dense grid of k-points to converge, most probably
the grid  25x25x25 form example18 is too far from convergence.  With a
more dense grid you will get a reasonable result.

If you calculate AHC for a series of Fermi levels (using parameters
fermi_energy_min, fermi_energy_max, fermi_energy_step) , you will see
huge spikes in the curve, which will disappear for a dense curve, smth
like this: http://wannier-berri.org/exampleFe.html#id9

You may also check the WannierBerri code, which is much faster for AHC
and some other calculations.

Regards,

Stepan.