[Wannier] bcc Fe with VASP+Wannier90

Marcus Ekholm marcus.ekholm at liu.se
Mon Oct 19 13:57:57 CEST 2020

Thank you, Stepan!

We'll try this!

Best regards,
Marcus
________________________________
From: Stepan Tsirkin <stepan.tsirkin at uzh.ch>
Sent: 16 October 2020 20:51
To: Marcus Ekholm <marcus.ekholm at liu.se>
Cc: wannier at lists.quantum-espresso.org <wannier at lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Subject: Re: [Wannier] bcc Fe with VASP+Wannier90

Dear Markus,

I did calculations for bcc Fe with spin-orbit (example18), and the spreads were quite equal (they differed in 5th digit), although I used a smaller grid of 8x8x8, and only 1000 iterations.

I think you have to  few bands in the calculation (14 per spin)
When I used 32 bands in total (16 per spin), I also had bad Wannier functions. With 64 bands it was much better. Try 32 bands per spin or more.

Probably you may play with disentanglement windows - narrow the frozen window and extend the outer window.

Regards,
Stepan.

Stepan Tsirkin
University of Zurich